Animal House of Aditya College of Pharmacy
- The different species of small laboratory animals like mice, rats, guinea pigs and rabbits are being bred in-house and maintained mainly to cater the needs of investigators for the various research purposes within the institute.
- Each species of animals is housed in barrier maintained individual rooms to avoid inter-species cross infection.
- The animals are maintained under controlled environmental conditions (temperature (200C to 240C), relative humidity (45% to 55%), 12:12 h light and dark cycle with 100 % of fresh air exchange in animal rooms) with uninterrupted power supply.
- The macro- and micro- environment around the animals are maintained as per the CPCSEA guidelines.
- A high degree of hygienic conditions is being maintained. Regular disinfection of animal rooms and cleaning and sterilization of cages, water bottles, bedding etc are practiced.
- Heavy duty steam sterilizers have been provided for sterilization of all materials entering into animals rooms.
- Periodic health monitoring of the animals is carried out to ascertain the heath status of the animals.
- In addition, feed and water analysis are carried out periodically for assessing their quality and microbiological contamination.
- Waste disposal is carried out through environment friendly incinerator.